Short BioAs a child, J.C. Davis spent her days inventing secret worlds and finding forgotten places. Busy reading her way through the local library, she never imagined writing books of her own until one day, all grown up, she fell in love with a children's book and decided to rediscover a few of those secret worlds she'd invented. Ms. Davis's first book is locked in a drawer guarded by attack trolls. Her second, CHEESUS WAS HERE, will be released in Spring 2017 by Sky Pony Press. A programmer by day, Ms. Davis lives in Dallas, Texas, with her husband, two kids and a pair of hedgehogs with nerdy names. Ms. Davis is an amateur photographer, runs a Harry Potter meet-up group, and is an unrepentant book addict.
Ms. Davis is represented by Mandy Hubbard of the Emerald City Literary Agency.
10 Random Facts About Me1. The ratio of nerd t-shirts to regular clothing in my closest is roughly 50 to 1. Favorites include Monty Python, Doctor Who and Harry Potter t-shirts.
2. I collect colored gel pens, the wilder the colors the better.
3. Our family has owned 10 hedgehogs to date, seven of them at the same time. We didn't intend to own seven hedgehogs, but when babies magically appeared one day we fell in love and couldn't give the prickly little critters away.
4. I have a serious book addiction problem and mainline roughly 100 books a year.
5. I lived in England for five years as a young child and although I have no discernible accent now, my accent comes back if I watch too many BBC shows.
6. Because I lived in England I'm not allowed to donate blood. I'm secretly okay with this because needles are evil bastards.
7. I adore willow trees and there's one planted in my back yard despite the fact we live nowhere near a stream, pond or other water source. One day that tree it going to fall and smoosh my house, but until then I'll enjoy every minute of it's swishy, droopy glory.
8. My favorite food while pregnant was mashed potato sandwiches. I still occasionally indulge in one.
9. I am the queen of Harry Potter trivia. Don't challenge me, you will cry.
10. My husband and I met while working at a movie theater when I was 17. Thus, I actually married my high school sweetheart. We celebrate our anniversary each year with dinner and a movie for nostalgia's sake - except now someone else serves the popcorn.
InterviewsI've been lucky enough to give a few interviews on different blogs.
The Process Project - Part I
The Process Project - Part II
P1Blitz Winner's Interview Series